Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Kid's are both napping!!!

...so, I'm taking this opportunity to be crafty! I've always wanted a very inviting entrance to my home. Something that feels warm, yet still grand. Well, most everything I've wanted to do would cost way too much money. So, I went to Hobby Lobby and took advantage of the 50% off all floral today. I took the old stuff off of my wreath and put all my new things on, plus some pheasant feathers! We also got a new rug from my aunt for Christmas and the topiaries from the associate's store. Here's the front door...

And here's a close-up of my feather wreath...

I was inspired after this, so I went around the house looking for more flowers. I had a few things laying around, plucked a few from other arrangements, and picked up a dead branch from the backyard too. Here's that result....

The vase does not really match the decor, but it will do for now. Here's what I did with the rest of my Hobby Lobby purchases...

It has feathers too! :) I also scored a great deal on a big, wicker bowl/plate kind of thing...$3. They had a lot of things that were 66% off. I didn't really decorate anything any differently when we moved into this house because we had used any extra cash on the loan. I have to say, though, after my new arrangements, I really am inspired to start redecorating...little by little. So, stay tuned!

1 comment:

Traci Fritz said...

I wish you were closer to help me with stuff like this...you are so creative and talented. me...not so much! ;)