Sunday, May 25, 2008

MAY

Shew! I'm so glad this month is almost over! Bringing a new baby home, Mother's Day, my 30th birthday, Ainsley's first dance recital (and extra practices), and Ainsley's birthday party.....I'm tired!

Clint uploaded some new pictures of the birthday party. It was a blast! Ainsley had every one of her friends she requested except one little girl that got sick the morning of the party. She was SO excited and is still talking about her friends and what each one gave her. :) The girl loves presents!

After the party, we had just enough time for a quick nap and then we started getting ready again for Ainsley's first dance recital. Amazingly, I got her hair to stay in a little bun, and finished it off with blush and lipstick. She actually carried the mirror around the house until we got in the car. Now, I have to warn you....if you do not already have a little girl, you might want to think twice before clicking on this link. It's so precious - there's no way you can watch it without wanting a little ballerina of your own! :) (No video cameras were allowed, so we tried to "sneak" it in on our camera. We had some focus issues from all the heads in front of us, and the host site cut off at 2 minutes, but it's still cute!)

Bean Sprout Videos

I woke Grady up at 9:00am to get ready for the birthday party. As usual, he fought sleep in his carrier, so I put him in the sling when we got there. Just as I had him almost asleep, it was time to cut the cake so I had to pass him off, hoping he might nap for someone else. When we left at noon he was still awake and already over-tired. I figured he'd be so tired that he'd fall asleep as soon as we got home and I fed him, but nope! With Ainsley so excited and my parents being here, I think it was just too much for him. It was about 1:30pm before he finally fell asleep and only slept about an hour. Then he slept another 20 minutes or so before it was time to leave again. He was awake all through the recital and didn't finally fall asleep until 10:00pm! So, in 13 hours, he slept less than 1.5 hours. I was so stressed out and worried about him that I was actually sick to my stomach. That poor little baby was so overtired that I had to hold his hands and feet down just to get him to sleep. He did sleep until 7:00am without waking up, though. I woke him up to feed him and he went back to sleep until noon, so I guess he's starting to get caught up! Hopefully, we won't have another day quite that busy for a while!

I only have 2 more days with Clint at home, and then I have to start getting up early (with Ainsley) again. :( I just hope Grady can get caught back up on his sleep. If he's as cranky as he has been the last 2 days I don't think I'll make it!

2 comments:

Cole Family said...

Ainsley did such a great job! What a big girl she is getting to be! We had so much fun at Jump Zone yesterday! I wanted to let you know that the the date on the video is wrong...it says April instead of May! Take care! Love ya!

kellyk said...

you mean the white looking stuff in the picture of all the food? b/c that's just steam b/c the food was still so hot when i put it in the dishes. the white stuff on his tray was diced bananas...

hey if you want--next wednesday i can take all those clothes to pinnacle, and maybe leave them in the office and you can get them sunday? or i bet kim or jen would be happy to hold them in their office for you. i want to get them to you before he outgrows it all!