Monday, October 22, 2007

Fall Activities

Well, as I mentioned earlier, Clint was in China for a couple of weeks this month, so Ainsley and I did a lot of things that wouldn't normally be allowed. For example, we made caramel apples one day and ate them in my bed while watching the Wizard of Oz! :)

We made this princess pumpkin this year instead of carving. The pumpkins just don't last anytime at all when you carve them up, so this will last much longer. Plus, we can use it again next year! It's a set made by Mr. Potato Head and Ainsley LOVED it!
Posing with her "pukin." We got home from Oklahoma late the night before and were leaving early the next morning for Branson, so she stayed in pajamas all day. And we never even combed our hair!


Here is our finished product...

We also made Daddy's favorite cookies to surprise him when he got home! I only make these 2 or 3 times a year so it was a big surprise for him!

Clint's plane was supposed to land just after 10:00pm Wednesday night, but it was the night of all the storms and tornadoes. His last connection was in Dallas and I knew that he was on the last flight of the day. If he missed it he'd have to stay overnight somewhere. So, by 11:00pm, when I had not heard from him, I got on some of those flight tracker websites and could see the flight path his plane was taking. It was very comforting seeing all of the updates and knowing that the pilots were in direct communication with someone. (They updated with some kind of message or status about every 3 minutes!) Anyway, they circled NWA for a very long time, flew up to Missouri to get out of the storm, and eventually had to redirect to Little Rock and land there for a while. It was after 2:00am when he finally made it home. I tried my best to wait up for him, but I fell asleep just a little before he got home. I even had candles lit for him to find his way to the bedroom because the electricity had been flickering all night. Anyway, the first thing he said to me when we woke up that next morning was, "Did I see cookies in there?" Ha! Here's evidence that food really IS the way to a man's heart!

On another note, did anyone watch Spookley the Square Pumpkin this morning? I had seen the previews on Disney and had already scheduled the DVR to record it, but Ainsley was too excited and had to watch it! She loved it and it was a very cute story! It's about a square pumpkin that just wants to be round like everyone else, but in the end realizes that he is very special because he is square and learns to love himself! Cute movie!

If you missed it, keep an eye out for "The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" next Tuesday, October 30 at 7:00pm on ABC. I have not missed a single year of that movie since I was a child! It inspired the Great Pumpkin that used to come visit us every Halloween when I was a kid too. Very similar to the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus, my mom would play the Great Pumpkin and buy us a small little gift and candy and place it in our trick-or-treat bags overnight. Maybe not the traditional Halloween that most kids are used to, but we sure looked forward to it! Ok, enough plugs for Fall cartoons!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love the pumpkin. Hey there is a new storytime at the new skia on Thursdays at 10