Monday, October 1, 2007

Garage Sale

Sorry it's been such a long time since I've posted. I really over-worked myself getting ready for the garage sale. Yes, it takes time, but it is SO worth it! We did really well, both Leah and I. We sold pretty much everything that we were really wanting to sell, with the exception of my coffee table. I hope to get that in a friend's garage sale this weekend, though. We also sold some big pieces of furniture for friends of ours. I still haven't had a chance to go over the exact totals, but I'm pretty sure it's enough to decorate Ainsley's big girl room! :)

Speaking of Ainsley, here is a picture of her next to her newly refinished baby doll crib. A friend from church, Hollis Stanbery, refinished it for us because he's retired and was bored! A great deal, huh? :) It was my mom's when she was a little girl and mine when I was a little girl. It has a drop rail and everything! She loves to put her babies to bed when she goes to bed.


After the sale, Ainsley and I went to pick up the signs. I guess I didn't realize that she had taken a sheet of pricing stickers with her because when I looked back this is what I found! She screamed when I had to peel them all off, though!

Kids helping sweep the garage before set-up. And yes, Will got into the dress-up clothes all by himself!
After working all morning on Friday, then all day Saturday, we had just enough energy left to load the kids up and head to the pumpkin patch. Caleb was sick and Clint was really needing to mow, so it was just us mommies! We had a great time! I had no idea how much fun it would be, but the kids had a blast running around in the field and rolling pumpkins. I'm not posting any pictures in my blog because I posted an insane amount on our flickr page. If you'd like to plow through them sometime, you can view them here.

One last thing.... We were playing in the backyard tonight when Ainsley spotted something above the roof. She was saying, "Look, Momma! Look!" "What is it, Ainsley?" "Stars!" Ok, it was 5:00pm....not even slightly dark outside so I have NO idea what she thought she saw. But the conversation continued. I'm convinced this came straight from a Dora episode too. "Come here, stars! Come here!" (She was motioning for them too) "Play with Ainsley! Ainsley catch you!" She just kept saying things like this...trying to entice the stars to play. Bazaar, huh? She didn't get much of a nap today (since I worked at MDO and she doesn't nap if I'm in her room) so maybe she was a bit delirious? Does that happen to kids? :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Zoie doesn't get delirious she just lies to me all the time... Zoie who made this mess?? "Mom Bailey made a big mess" haha they are so much fun