Monday, October 22, 2007

Toddler Toes - Safari

I'm a little disappointed because I just realized that I uploaded all of these pictures in reverse order. Oh well. Try to follow along. :) Our Toddler Toes play group went to the Wild Wilderness Animal Safari this month. We had 8 moms and 9 kids and everyone had a wonderful time! We left pretty early, but it took so long to drive through the main part, and then walk through the petting zoos that it was past naptime when most of us got home. However, we didn't have a single cranky child! They were all so good and excited to see the animals! Ainsley's absolute favorite animals were the kangaroos. They would hold the bread in their hands and Ainsley kept calling it a "samich". :)

Will, Caleb, and Ainsley watching the "piggies".

Ainsley thought it was so neat that Caleb and Caleb were dressed alike! She kept watching them and saying, "My orange shirt!" Ha!

Will, Caleb, and Ainsley looking at the "BEEEG" towutull!

Feeding the bunnies. They were very sweet!

The zebra is one of Ainsley's favorite animals in her ABC pop-up book. She kept telling me, "Z for Zebra, Momma!"

This is the "more bread!" pose....


She was moo-ing at the goats here. We obviously haven't worked on our goat sounds much!

This was my attempt at a group picture.

Feeding the baby goats.

Will and Ainsley chasing the rooster!

Should I play with the monkey or Ariel? I think Ariel won this contest!

Everyone LOVED baby Kiwi. This little monkey lives with the owners of the zoo. She wears preemie diapers that they cut a whole in for her tail. She was just born in July, but has already learned to take her diaper off so they have to put it on backwards too! :) She would reach out and hold the kids hands!



Ainsley was a little nervous with these animals getting so close at first, but she quickly warmed up and tried to roll the windows down when we drove through the camels! I only got a couple of shots during the drive-through part because my camera was a little flaky. We all carpooled through and Ainsley and I rode with Michael and Veronika. We let the kids ride in the front with us.

Here are a couple of random shots in the bathtub a couple of weeks ago. Ainsley has 2 new things lately. She wants her hair "fixed" with shampoo in it, and she's been swimming on her back. She actually floats! There is so much water in the tub that she can't lay all the way down without going under, so it's a little scary for me to see this! The first time it happened, I was getting her jammies out of her closet (right next door to the bathroom) when I walked in and saw this! It scared me to death!
On another note, I have to apologize for taking such a long break from blogger! Clint was in China for 2 weeks so during that time we traveled a lot to and from Oklahoma. The day he got home, we also left for Branson for our annual trip with my family. So, we all got home last night and I have lots of pictures to upload! I'll work on it throughout the day and maybe get them all added! :)

No comments: