Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ainsley Update

I had several people ask me this morning how Ainsley is doing, so I thought I better update everyone that has been watching our attempt at the world's longest fever! :) As of Thursday, she was still wheezing some when she woke up and late in the evenings so I took her back to the doctor. The last time we went (when she was diagnosed with bronchitis) she had just come off of antibiotics for an ear infection so they didn't want to give them to her again. But after 2 weeks of wheezing and not getting over it, they decided antibiotics was the only way to clear it up. She wasn't acting sick or anything....just wheezing and I thought it was too long for her to still have fluid in her lungs. Anyway, the meds are doing their thing and she's feeling much better now! We haven't done a breathing treatment in 2 days!

So, I worked my bottom off in the garage today! I priced everything except for 1 big box, hung up all the clothes, and cleaned all of my shoes that I'm selling. Ainsley is always easy to work around when I'm getting ready for garage sales. I just gave her a sheet of pricing stickers and away she went! I had to go back later and take the $10 price tags off of all my shoes, though! She also had "Make an Offer" stickers all over her Dora tricycle. That would surely make her cry! We worked right up until 5:00, had a quick dinner, got dressed, and headed off to dance. Now, maybe Ainsley just spent too much time alone with me this afternoon, but she was SUPER clingy tonight! She would hardly dance...just watch the other girls and giggle now and then. She also wanted to sit down a lot. Anyway, anytime any girl would even look at her, she would run over to me, hug my leg, and say, "No, my Mommy!" Over and over and over..... She did this yesterday when she was playing with Zoe too. I have no idea where it's come from, but it scares me a little. Hopefully she's just possessive of Mommy at this age and this doesn't mean she's become too attached to me. I just don't want her to start crying when I drop her off anywhere. Especially since she's in childcare at least 5 times a week.

This is very random, but it was cute. Here's the conversation I heard while Ainsley was in the bathtub tonight. She was playing with her little Pooh and Piglet. Piglet's "voice" was a little higher pitched than Pooh's "voice"...

"Oh no! A wapperfall!" [Pooh]
"Hep, hep!" [Piglet]
"I save you, Pliget!" [Pooh]
"Ah, ah! Get me! Get me!" [Piglet]
"My boat! Row, row, row....." (Sang entire song) [Ainsley]
"Oh, tank-oo Pooh!" [Piglet]
"Uh wecome!" [Pooh]

It's so fun to watch her play with her doll house now too because she has such an imagination! She'll put the baby down for a nap, take a ride in Mommy's car, Daddy will always "cook" apples, etc. I just have to stand back or act like I'm not listening, though, because she gets embarrassed pretty easily.

Last note, we have several things going in the garage sale. A full size bed (headboard, rails, mattress, and box springs), coffee table with storage, glider, some bedding, wing-backed chair, and possibly a queen size memory foam mattress. There may even be more, but I have only been pricing the little things (toys, clothes, etc.) so hopefully Clint can help me with the big stuff soon. Although tomorrow night he has praise team practice and the next night I'm going to the consignment sale, so I'm not sure when we'll have time. Oh well, you know I can't have a garage sale without having everything perfect and in place, so I'm sure I'll find a way! Let me know if there's anything you're interested in, or just stop by! Leah and I plan to drop the kids off at school Friday morning and then open around 9:00am or so. The sale's at my house.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Her Pooh conversation is so cute! We still have a baby monitor in Kyla's room so she cracks us up all the time with her conversations. Good luck with the garage sale!

kellyk said...

how funny she was talking about rex! the teachers tell me he knows everyone in the class, but he will never tell me who his friends are! lil turkey.