Friday, September 7, 2007

Guess what we did today?

Any guesses? Breathing treatments....all day! We've just played with puzzles and coloring books in between all of the medicine and treatments. I'm getting SO stir crazy in this house! Ainsley slept about 13 hours last night, but woke up this morning in a coughing spell that she couldn't get out of. I ran in and scooped her up and she eventually calmed down enough that she caught her breath. It was pretty scary, for Mommy anyway. I have been giving her the breathing treatments in our bed because the DVR is in our room and I have all sorts of her favorite shows saved. This was right after she woke up....


I thought the elastic strap made the mask too tight on her, but when I took it off she said, "NO WAY!" and put it back on! (There's a small tear in her eye in this pic)

Here she is standing up (because Barney said to) but she never let go of the mask! I think she realized how much better it made her feel.

Awwww....1st treatment is over! With the high dosage of steroids today, she ate better than she has in 2 weeks to! Still not good, but better. Almost 1/2 of a waffle and 5 or 6 ounces of her milk!

This was the treatment after her nap. I thought these pictures were really funny because she's so annoyed with me. She gets "Mimi's chocolate" after her treatments and she kept taking her mask off and asking for it. When I'd tell her to put it back on her nose she'd roll her eyes at me! (ALL Chocolate, except "M & imps" is called Mimi's chocolate because my mom, Mimi, gave her a chocolate bar once...I think it was her first so maybe that's why she refers to all chocolate that way.)

Again...annoyed that it's not over yet.

Today is the annual family picnic at Clint's office. (It's like a carnival with all of the funnel cake, corn dog, etc. vendors, games, inflatable bouncy things, etc.) This is the first year I've ever missed. I love going so I can see all my old co-workers. (I worked in the same office for 6 years) We were planning to go, but since Ainsley has been wheezing so bad today we both decided it wouldn't be good to have her out in this weird, windy weather with tons of other little germy kids. Oh well, we'll probably go to trick-or-treat day so I can see everyone then. I feel bad for Clint, but he said he'd just pick up a funnel cake and come on home. I think we're going to grill some burgers or something tonight.

On another note, I tried a bunch of Ainsley's spring clothes on her today and I had NO idea how much she has grown this summer! They still fit the same in the waist, but the jeans that were too long in the spring are now way too short. Plus the shoes that I bought at least 1 size too big (I always buy shoes way big and my friends make fun of me because Ainsley trips so much) don't fit either! I did get a few things last weekend, but I'm going to have to find a really good garage sale somewhere for fall clothes because we can't afford a shopping spree right now. So, if anyone has some 2T girls stuff that you want to get rid of, please let me know!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad she didn't object to the treatments I was worried she would be. I bet you are right about it feeling good to her though.