Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Random Pics

It rained all day Saturday so we had a pretty relaxing day. Clint had to work in the morning and we had our usual Saturday morning pancakes, eggs, and bacon when he got home. We were supposed to go to a birthday party at the park for Ainsley's friend Audrey, but Ainsley napped for 3 hours! The party was at 2:00pm, which is not a good time to invite toddlers anyway, so I had told them that we'd come if Ainsley took an early nap. But since she's been so sick, I wasn't about to wake her up! So, she woke up just after 3:00 and the party was almost over. It had been moved on account of the rain anyway. There was a couple in our home group needing help on some finishing touches with the house they're building, so Clint went over to help them. Which meant I had to take Ainsley to a baby shower with me. She actually did pretty good and enjoyed passing out the pencils for the games and throwing paper away and such.

I bought this "Elefun" game at a garage sale last week for $1. Ainsley LOVES it! We played it most of the day Saturday. Little butterflies fly out of the elephants nose and you have nets to catch them. Ainsley doesn't really "try" to catch them, but she does hold her net very still and hope for a butterfly to fall in! Here's a pic...


I have no idea why, but she loves to wear this net over her head! She kept telling me it was her "pretty" hat! She'd wear it until I took it off of her!

Ainsley was chasing Benji around outside after church so I grabbed some pictures. She just looked cute!
She was VERY proud of her "I'm a Helper" badge she got at church this morning. She wore it all afternoon and kept asking me, "Ainsley help Momma?" So, of course, I got lots of help today! Oh, and this is the face I got when I asked her to smile for me...

Ok, I know this is a terrible picture because I had my camera on action mode and she was way too close, but it was cute. I was trying to get her to smile and said, "Show me your pretty teeth with a pretty girl smile!" Well, that's all it took because she is SO proud of her teeth since we went to the dentist!

Another infamous dance picture! I asked several of the moms last week to share their secrets to "bun-making" so I thought I'd attempt it myself. She had 2 of the tiniest little buns in her hair you've ever seen, but they stayed in! :)

2 comments:

kellyk said...

she looked so cute at church yesterday morning!

Becca said...

Kyla loved her ribbon too, though she thought she got it for doing something great, she didn't really get the helper part :) (Diego gets one for winning a race in one of her videos). I LOVE the dance costume photos.....