Saturday, June 14, 2008

New do...

My dear, sweet friend Casey came over to watch Grady yesterday (Ainsley was at school) so I could go get my hair cut! It was the first time in 7 weeks I've been without any kids, so it was nice to pamper myself a little. I thought it would be harder to leave Grady than it was, but I think it helped that it was Casey watching him. I cut about 6-7 inches off...it's pretty short! It's not quite what I asked for, but I think I like it.

Here's Ainsley helping me take a picture of my new haircut....

And here she wanted to take a picture of my "eawwings." :)
On another note, there is a nursing room at church for nursing mothers to sit in during the service and nurse your babies. It has a one-way mirror so you can see the stage and a few recliners...really nice! I used to nurse Ainsley either in a metal chair in the bathroom or in one of the pastor's offices (at the old church building) or I'd have to go across the street to the children's area. So, I was really excited about using this new room! I've only used it the last 2 weeks, but both times there has been a different family in there just hanging out with their toddler. Yes, that means mom AND dad....and 2 year old too! ??? Last week I asked the dad to leave because I was not able to stay covered up very well. These people just sit in there so their kids can play. Seriously. The mom told me so last week. She said that her daughter (who was walking and talking) did not like to be dropped off in the nursery so they always sat in the nursing room where she could play. So, you know me, I just couldn't let this slide. I talked to our preschool director and she was going to post some signs on the door this week. So, I'm anxious to see tomorrow if there are any men in the room. I'll keep you advised! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

any signs get posted? i am hoping that the more people say something about it something will finally get done. The same thing happened to me too when I first had Cora. very irritating!

kellyk said...

you've got to be kidding me. people think everything is made just for them...i could maybe get that as long as they LEFT so you could nurse and listen! sheesh.

HEY i'm going to bring grady's clothes tonight--could you tell clint to drop in the childcare and grab it? i'll tell the ladies he's going to be looking for me....