Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Survey

Ok, I've been tagged like a million times on this thing, so here we go...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? A little of both. All presents that travel with us get wrapping paper and no bow. It just makes it easier to fit everything in the car. But presents that stay at home or for gift exchanges and such, I usually use recycled gift bags until I run out. Gift bags are just too expensive to buy!

2. Real trees or artificial? There are way too many allergy/asthma issues in our house for real trees. It was the same growing up...we always had artificial trees. Our current tree has a rather sad story. It was given to us when we first moved to the area and our next door neighbors (very good friends of ours) were getting divorced. Believe it or not, I'm still using wrapping paper given to us at the same time! I really want to get a new tree after Christmas this year...a pre-lit tree.

3. When do you put up your Christmas tree? Usually the weekend or week after Thanksgiving, but not before.

4. When do you take your tree down? Around New Years.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but I'm not crazy about it cold. I like it warm. I also prefer homemade because the store kind has too many spices added to it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? This is a hard one! Probably my doll house my mom made me as a child. It's wooden with probably 12 rooms and all of the little wooden furniture, real doors and windows, etc. It has 2 or 3 bathrooms, a servants pantry, 2 staircases, etc. She worked on it for a very long time, after putting my sister and I to bed. She hid it in the basement downstairs and told us there were mice traps in there so I never peeked! My Glamor Gals were the perfect size for it. I can't wait for Ainsley to play with it someday.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a really cheap one that looks really expensive with jewels on the kings and all. I really like it!

8. Hardest person to buy for? My brother-in-law.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Clint! I get hugs and kisses just for a 6 pack of Yoo-Hoo!

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? I don't know that I ever received any BAD gifts, but my great-grandma used to get all of the grandkids a box of Little Debbies. We really liked it, but always thought it was kind of funny!

11. Christmas cards or e-mail Christmas Cards? Christmas Cards for sure! I save them every year and look at them while I put decorations up the following year.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Mickey Mouse Christmas Carol. I've DVR'd a ton of movies for Ainsley this year, but I could never catch that one on anywhere.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh yeah! And if you're coming to our home group Christmas party, you'll see some examples!

15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? LOVE cheese balls and cheese logs!

16. Clear light or colored light? I like the clear lights, but I recently saw a tree with colored lights and all clear ornaments....it was very pretty!

17. Angel on top or Star? Until this year we've only had a bow, but I bought a star a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if I like it yet or not so I still have the bow up also. :)

Ok, there is no one left to tag because I have procrastinated too long. So, someone needs to start a new one! (Yeah, I guess that should be me, huh?)

By the way, thanks for the prayers, but Ainsley woke up with a fever this morning....oh well. At least we're all getting it over with before Christmas!

No comments: