Sunday, December 16, 2007

Silly girls!

Ainsley had on her cute Christmas dress today and I had on my (rather ugly) sparkly red choir shirt that Ainsley thinks is my Christmas shirt. So, when we got home from church she thought we needed the camera. Clint was busy, so we tried a few self-portraits. None of them turned out great, but they make a cute story together!

This is Ainsley's fake smile.

She was squealing here!

Ok, we're getting closer to a real smile...

Gave up on the smiling thing...she thought it was fun to make silly faces in the camera! (Our camera screen flips around so you can see what you're doing)

Until today, we had done absolutely nothing to get ready for the baby. I keep thinking I have so much time, but when I think about all I have to do it's really not long enough! Our crib is converted to a toddler bed (Ainsley's bed) so it can't be moved to the new room yet. My parents are going to be bringing my old furniture (a full size canopy bed, nightstand, dresser, chest, desk) up for her as soon as we get past the holidays, but until then I can't really take any furniture out of Ainsley's room. I do, however, have all of the bedding but I still need to make curtains, a couple of throw pillows, and a chair cover. So, hopefully I can get on top of all that soon. I really need to get Ainsley settled before I start working on the nursery or I'm afraid I'd never finish her room.

The nursery? It will be in the guest room. We sold the guest bed and nightstand in our garage sale this Fall, but we still have a closet full of stuff and 2 huge bookshelves in there. In addition, it's become our room to dump everything that doesn't have a home. Especially if we're trying to pick-up quickly before home group! So, tonight we started at least cleaning it up a bit. Clint had to go into work for a conference call about 7:30pm and we didn't even start until after 6, so it was just enough time to make a huge mess before he left. Needless to say, I just couldn't leave it that way! I ended up getting just about everything out of the closet (what's still there will be transferred to our closet), 2 bags of trash, and 2 big boxes for a garage sale. Now all we have to do is get the bookshelves and hundreds of books moved into our room! To make room for it all, we're going to sell our computer armoire (in our bedroom) since we never use it. We each have laptops and a wireless network so we usually just slide our computers under our nightstands. :) So, anyone in the market for a really nice Riverside computer armoire? Red, distressed look....

Hopefully I won't focus too much on the rooms this week. I really need to finish my Christmas shopping since I have 5 days until our first gift exchange! Speaking of, we had our home group party at our house last night. We had a babysitter for all of the kids, we all dressed up, had sparkling cider, and lots of fancy finger foods. We even made up a really fun game for our gift exchange that had us rolling! It was a blast! We've already decided to get together again for New Year's!

No comments: