Saturday, February 16, 2008

Chair Cover Complete!

I finally finished my slipcover for the pink chair. Boy was that hard! I definitely won't be tackling anything like that again in the near future. Anyway, here are a couple of before/after pictures. As you can see, it was a very ugly pink chair. :) I bought it at a garage sale for $8 from an older couple. It's actually somewhat mauve. Here's the before: (The black mat underneath is to keep the carpet clean after oiling the chair...just hadn't been moved)Tada! The finished product! I even put piping around the cushion to make it a little more professional looking. The hardest part was the piece of the chair that pops up when you recline. I couldn't figure out how to slipcover that piece, so I ended up upholstering it on...just loosely.
I also made some curtains today, but I really don't like them at all. I had a lot of fabric left over from the slipcover, so I decided to make good use out of it. I doubled it up to make it extra dark (and it really does) but it also made the curtains rather stiff. They hang really funny and I just don't think I like the color (tan) with all of the other bedding and wall colors. It's too blah. So, I have to come up with a different option for the window treatment. Maybe a roman shade or something?

Ainsley and I had a date with Daddy yesterday. We had discussed going out for Valentine's Day, but we never really do much since our anniversary is in March. So, Clint told me he was kind of wanting to take "his Valentines" out for dinner. Ainsley was SUPER excited about going on a date with Daddy. She got all dressed up and picked out a bow for her hair and everything. It was the cutest thing! She sat right next to him and even wanted to ride home with him. It was just really sweet.

I also have some Valentine pictures posted on flickr. Also a funny story....I asked Ainsley what she wanted to make Daddy for Valentine's Day and she told me pizza! Pizza? So, I said, "What about a cake or cookies...maybe chocolate?" And she replied, "Chocolate pizza!" Ha! Well, it was her present to her daddy, so we made some chocolate pizza! I bought some pizza molds and she had all kinds of things (dates, raisins, almonds, pecans, peanut butter chips, chex, pretzels, etc.) to "top" the pizza with. It took FOREVER, but she did it all by herself! Clint also bought her a Tinkerbell purse and coin purse that she's in love with. She took it on her date....filled with crayons and her Blue's Clue's notebook. I got a vanilla reed diffuser and this really cool pillow/wrap thing that you can heat up and lay on pregnancy aches. :) My husband is so sweet!

No comments: