Sunday, February 24, 2008

Trains & Shopping!

I went to the "Going Beyond" women's conference with Priscilla Shirer this weekend. It was held at our church and I absolutely LOVE her studies so I was super excited about going! I really had a great weekend. I had been worried that Mother's Day Out would be canceled because of the weather. (The schools were closed the day before due to the ice) But luckily, school was in session! I went straight to my doctor's appointment that morning where I learned that I PASSED MY GLUCOSE TEST! Yeah! What better way to start the morning? Then I went to Target to create a baby registry and buy a few things that we needed for the nursery. The day continued with lots of shopping. I'm hosting bunco this month so shopping with someone else's money was fabulous! And to top it all off, Ainsley took a nap at school again this week! Almost 2 hours!

The conference that evening was great. I went with a group of girls from my home group and we really had a lot of fun together, but got home very late. It was about 11:30pm when I got home. That's very late for a pregnant woman that can't sleep anyway! Saturday morning as I was getting ready I asked Clint if they had any plans for the day. (I was only gone until about 1:00pm) He said he hadn't really thought about it much yet, so I figured if anything they might just go to the associate's store or something. Well, when I got home and asked where they had been he didn't want to tell me. He kept saying he was going to let Ainsley tell me. I was very intrigued!

So, as soon as Ainsley woke up I asked her what she did with Daddy. She got real excited and shouted, "I go with Daddy to the train store!" And she showed me a stamp of a train on her hand.....and one on Daddy's hand too. So, I thought they went to Dilly Dally's (a toy store) and played with trains. I couldn't imagine what she was talking about until Clint told me that he took her to the model train show at the Clarion hotel! He wanted to do something fun with her so he got online to learn about all of the events happening. It turns out that the train show was only on Saturday. She got lots of free stuff like balloons, key chains, etc. and Clint bought her some new pieces for her train track since they were sold at cost. He told me that it was probably good he wasn't home with her all day because he would spend way too much money on her. (They did go to the associate's store where she got a new toy and then to Sonic for lunch too!) Apparently she loved it and all the old men loved showing their trains off...making them go super fast and all.

Oh, yeah.....I was also shocked to learn that he even remembered to take the camera! So here are a couple of pictures. Oh, another shock? He took her out in panties too!



P.S. This was the first time (EVER) since Ainsley was about a year old that she was out in public without a bow in her hair! Clint said he fixed her hair, but couldn't get the bow to stay in. He ran into a friend of mine at the store who is very observant and quickly pointed out, "Mandy's going to kill you when she finds out Ainsley didn't have her hair fixed!"

No comments: