Wednesday, February 13, 2008

More projects!

I've been working hard on the baby's room the last week. I started sewing the cover for the pink chair this weekend and I'm really close to finishing. It has proven, though, to be a monster project! All I have left is the foot part that reclines...I have to figure out how to attach the material without attaching it permanently. The chair is a swivel/glider/recliner that I bought for $8 at a garage sale, so I wasn't about to spend $150 for a recliner slipcover. Can you believe they cost that much!?!

Anyway, I wanted to take a break from all of the sewing so I decided to work on the mobile today. I bought this for under $10 when I was pregnant with Ainsley. It was pink and purple with safari animals...all pastel colors. Since I couldn't find a cheap mobile that matched our bedding, I decided to just convert the pink one for the baby boy. I bought the little animals on the $1 Easter gift aisle at Target and painted everything else. I think it turned out pretty cute...especially since I wanted something real simple. Ainsley absolutely LOVED this mobile as a baby and it was a real life saver for us at times, so hopefully this baby is going to love it too!


I had planned on painting some sort of canvases for the nursery also, but I just haven't had time to go get any. Since I had my paint supplies out while painting the mobile, I decided to go ahead and paint over the canvases I had in Ainsley's nursery. They never matched exactly anyway. I think they turned out pretty cute...especially after I put the frames on!


I had my doctor's appointment on Friday that included my glucose test and rhogam shot. I'm measuring 2 weeks big, which is something I never did with Ainsley so that was good news! Maybe we'll at least have a "normal" sized baby rather than a 41 week preemie! :) I failed the glucose test, though, and had to go back to the hospital Monday for the more extensive test. I still haven't received a call with my results, so I'm hoping that no news is good news! I'm pretty worried about it, though. I failed the first test with Ainsley too, but just by 8 points. This time I failed the first test by 40 points!

Anyway, Clint stayed home Monday morning until Ainsley woke up and then dropped her off at Katie's house. When she woke up she apparently asked where I was. Clint said I had to go see the doctor. He said she got all excited, her face lit up, and she said, "Ahhhh! Gonna take baby bwoder out! Yeah!" :) Yeah, I think she understands now. Anytime I tell her I have a surprise for her she says, "Baby bwoder come home?" She's SO excited! We didn't even tell her I was pregnant until Dec 14....I can't imagine having her wait longer than that!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the canvases I cannot believe they look that awesome!! You are amazing!!!!

Unknown said...

did you paint those from nothing? did you have something to copy or is that just from your head? amazing!!! they look wonderful.