Thursday, January 31, 2008

Big Girl Room

As promised, here are some pictures of Ainsley's new big girl bed and decorations! I did a lot of sewing to save money, and I bought her quilt and sheet set (separately) both on clearance back in the Fall. Here's a picture of the bed. I got the canopy from Dollar General for $8 and the beads on it came off of a chandelier that my neighbor gave me out of her garage sale for free! Ainsley loves it and calls it her "castle bed!" Most of the decorative items are things I had laying around the house. I made the valance and all of the throw pillows...it's not easy to sew with feathers either! :)


More views of the furniture...and some good finds I stole out of a friend's garage sale pile this summer!

Here's the cheap, little bookcase I looked everywhere for! I haven't hung the mirror yet because she can only barely see in it even just sitting on the bookcase (as it is here). Also, a little hard to see, but I made the chair cushion, lamp shade, and painted the lamp base.

And here are the letters that I waited 6 months for! Well, actually, I just waited 6 months to get a "Y". :) Good thing, too, because I ended up getting them half price! I wasn't planning to put them on this wall, but Ainsley insisted that's where they should go. It's her room, after all! I had planned to do some designs on them too (stripes, polka dots, etc.) but I decided there were too many patterns in here already!

4 comments:

kellyk said...

WOW!! the rooms look amazing!! and holy crap, i just watched the dance video[that's my comment on there]. how adorable!!
and i love the plain black letters. the purple and black look awesome.

sorry i'm so behind! since you went private you don't show up anymore on my updated blogs page!:-( i will have to remember to come check more often!

kellyk said...

thanks for the heads up on the singulair!! he's a good sleeper, so we'll know if something's up. THANK YOU! glad rex has a little asthma buddy, lol[well not REALLY!]

i had asthma as a kid and still have issues like maybe twice a year. but i wasn't diagnosed until i was like 10, so i worry about him being so young!

Unknown said...

beautiful room! We are going to close on a house in early March! After we clean it and get carpet and other flooring I hope to be able to decorate their rooms the way they want it. Maybe you can help me with ideas.

vicplastic said...


We offer A4, A3, A5 or custom sheets in clear or Milky with a minimum order of 200sheets. All sheets will be flatten sheets. Our films are food grade certified.