Thursday, January 31, 2008

"Baby Bwoder's Woom"

I finally finished the painting in the nursery! There are still a few touch-ups I could do, but I made myself stop! (I'm such a perfectionist...this was harder than you'd think!) I was actually planning to paint some kind of a decorative border around the room also, but after 2 weeks just to do the stripes, I think I've given up on that. I'll probably just do some canvases...maybe ABC's or the patterns on the bedding.

The bedding just arrived yesterday so I haven't washed it or ironed it, but I wanted to see what it looked like together. I plan to make some window treatments and a slipcover for the pink rocker (a huge undertaking, I'm afraid) as well. I think all I have left to buy for the decorating is the pillow and changing pad cover that match the Babylicious Islands collection and some type of lamp. I feel SO much more prepared now! There are still a few necessities (like a name!), but at least he has a room! I have 11 more weekends to get everything in order!

(I uploaded the full size, so if you click on the picture you can get a better view of the bedding.)

Also, I know several of you are waiting for pictures of Ainsley's room! I finished painting her letters so I just have to get those hung and I'll post some pictures of her room too....

3 comments:

Becca said...

I LOVE the stripes, everything looks so great!!

Rachel said...

I absolutely love the room and the colors!!!!.....

Sam's Club has a really cute purple furry rug for a kids room. It is like 50 dollars but super super cute!!! Just letting you know you don't really need one, but it would match haha

Renae Burt said...

love the stripes....thanks for the link!!

Renae