Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Daddy's Home!

That's right!  Clint got on an earlier flight Wednesday night so I was awake when he got home!  Ainsley was asleep, but she was beside herself with excitement when she saw him the next morning.  He even got to go with us to sit in the observation booth during swimming lessons.  In over 2 years of lessons, it was the first time he had been able to see her swim so that was a lot of fun for both of them.  Then, to celebrate Clint being home, we all went to Chuck E. Cheese to use our coupon I've been saving.  Ainsley absolutely LOVED it, but cried all the way home because she didn't get to talk to Chuck E. himself.  (He was very busy with birthday parties)  She's usually scared of characters like this, but was REALLY excited about seeing him.  So I guess we'll have to go back again and make seeing him our goal!

Ainsley was at school on Friday so Clint and I spent most of the morning together just running some errands, shopping for the baby, etc. and then spent our Olive Garden gift cards from Christmas 2006 for lunch.  It was a lot of fun!  Then Clint had a previous engagement he had to go to so I went home and laid in the recliner for the next 2 hours!  Wow!  Clint even picked Ainsley up from school for me so I wouldn't have to leave the house again.  (I've been having really bad back pain)  It was so nice!  Man how I wish he could be at home a couple of days a week, but still get paid.  Of course, if he was I'd probably just complain about how he interferes with our routine.  :)

Saturday we started painting on the baby's room.  We're doing stripes on one wall in all 4 of the colors of the bedding.  I had no idea that it would take so long to do stripes!  Since we have so many colors, you really have to do 1 color a day, let it dry, re-tape, and do another color the next day.  I have only focused on 3/4 of the wall right now and I'm still not finished.  As soon as I can finish the entire wall, I'll post some pictures.  

Sunday brought back some painful childhood memories!  Just not the kind you're thinking of.  We were all walking out from church (in the parking lot) and each of us holding Ainsley's hands when my favorite heel got caught in my favorite black cuffed pants and threw me down hard!  I had a choice...land on Ainsley, land on the baby, or ruin my clothes.  My very favorite pointy-toed black slingbacks met with the evil pavement that scraped half of the leather on the front.  And my pants are SO far beyond repair!  A huge hole ripped in the right knee and it bled all over them.  I still can't bend my knee far, but at least I finally got most of the black fibers out of my wound.  I think the last time I had a knee wound like this was a bicycle wreck in the driveway when I was in the 6th grade!  :)  Anyway, it was funny how Ainsley reacted to the whole thing.  She was SO upset and just kept saying, "I so sorry, Momma!"  I don't know why she thought she needed to apologize, but she did almost all the way home.  Then she started crying and just wanted to hug me and kiss me.  If she reacts like this to a little blood on my knee, I can't imagine how she's going to react to an incision in my stomach in a few weeks!

I kicked butt on my painting project Monday!  I have everything taped off and ready for the last stripe color on my 3/4 of the wall.  So hopefully I'll be able to finish the whole wall this weekend.  I still have more to do, but that's by far the biggest piece of it.  I even gave Ainsley a little, bitty brush and told her to stay between the lines.  She did pretty good!  Of course, it was in polka dots rather than strokes, but easily fixable!

And lastly, Ainsley woke up with a snotty nose this morning.  I wasn't the least bit surprised because we had our first week of bible study at church yesterday.  Every time I'm involved in a women's bible study Ainsley gets sick a lot.  I don't know why people think it's ok to bring their sick children to church, but they do!  And she seriously gets sick from her interaction with kids on Tuesday mornings than any other time.  Actually, that's why we moved from Wednesday's at Mother's Day Out because she'd always wake up sick.  She's just one of those kids that catches everything!  We were at a friend's house this morning (I was low-lighting her hair) so I really hope her son doesn't get anything because Ainsley woke up from her nap with a fever!  Just 101 so it's pretty low, but it kept us home from church tonight.  She went to bed really early tonight, so hopefully she can sleep it off.  Regardless, it's probably not a good idea to take her to swimming lessons in the 20 degree weather, huh?  Ha!

So there's my catch-up.  I have several pictures to upload, especially Chuck E. Cheese so I'll work on those soon.  In the meantime, if you want to take a look at my other baby name poll I have going, you can check it out here.  (And no, we're no closer to choosing a name than we were 3 months ago!)

No comments: