Thursday, January 3, 2008

Where's China?

I've been working really hard on all of the decor for Ainsley's big girl room. I've made curtains, tons of throw pillows, lampshades, etc. Ainsley decided it was time she learned how to sew too, so I got the little toy Singer out for her. I've never used it (I got it at a garage sale a few months ago for .75) but it was great for Ainsley! She didn't like to use her foot for the pedal, though, she liked to just squeeze it. She sewed for about an hour, though! Cut her fabric, pinned it back, and everything!


Making sure her measurements are correct!
Clint leaves tomorrow for China so he took Ainsley in to show her where China was on the map. She knows that he is going to fly over a lot of water (which she thinks is way cool!) and she knows how many days he is going to be gone. It was really cute watching her learn with Daddy.


She's wearing a bib like a cape on her back, only she says it's "wings like Tinka Bewl!"
On another note, Ainsley went #1 in the potty for the first time when Clint was in China a couple of months ago. So tonight it was only fitting that she poopied in the potty for Daddy for the first time the night before he leaves. (Not poopied the first time, just the first time for Daddy....she will usually only go for me) She's in big girl panties most of the time now unless she's at church or school (and never has an accident in panties), so I think we're doing pretty good to be so close to potty-trained in only 2 1/2 months! With a little less than 4 months to go before the baby comes, I think we can be completely potty-trained! Woohoo! I'm so proud of her!

1 comment:

kellyk said...

i keep forgetting you are having a boy! what's your due date again? i just told becca cross this morning if she needs to borrow anything to let me know. but i know she already has some hand-me-downs. if she's not interested you can borrow whatever you want! i think we may have one more, and you know it'll be a boy if we do;-) haha

i have newborn/0-3 stuff in every season i think!