Saturday, January 12, 2008

She's growing up!

The big girl bed is here! My parents got in late Friday night, so when Ainsley woke up Saturday morning Mimi and Bapa were here. She was SO excited! I cooked breakfast (blueberry waffles, bacon, sausage, and eggs) since it's been over 2 weeks since I've actually cooked a meal. Cooking is a stress reliever for me so it was nice to have someone to cook for.

After breakfast we got started on the rooms. Since Ainsley was staying in the same room, we had to move all of her furniture into the baby's room before we could get the new furniture in. My first task was to strip down the toddler bed (crib) so I asked Ainsley if she wanted to help me. I wanted her to be very involved in the process so she wouldn't lose the excitement of a new bed. Well, instead of helping me, she stripped her mini-crib (dolls and all) and said, "I did it! I win!" Ha! I guess we were racing. I'm so glad that I had the majority of the work completed already. Like painting the walls, ironing the bedskirt, etc. Here is a picture of Ainsley and my mom cleaning the bed...

She was letting Ainsley help pour the cleaner onto the rag since the bottle was almost empty. This eventually led to a mini disaster...
The half-completed bed...Ainsley's first "turn". Doesn't she look SO tiny in it?

What a sweetheart! She's helping me put the sheets on...
A little bit of jumping action to make sure it's fit for sleeping!

Yeah! She likes it!

It looks really cute in her room and is perfect for her. She thinks it's a princess bed like Gigi's. (God's Little Princess book by Sheila Walsh) She keeps saying, "Just like Gigi's bed!" I haven't done any decorating at all yet. I just have the bedding on and the curtain up, but so far that's it. I was planning to get a small, black bookshelf and hang the mirror above it so it would double as a bookshelf and an Ainsley-sized dresser. I went to 2 different Wal-Marts before I discovered that the 2-shelf one was only sold online. They had a 3-shelf one at both stores, but I really wanted it to be smaller so Ainsley could see over it and have a little dressing table. But after I got home and realized that the smaller shelf was twice the price as the taller one, I decided to get the 3-shelf. So, Ainsley and I headed to Wal-Mart tonight specifically to buy a bookshelf (which she was excited about) and they were out of stock! Argh! Anyway, I have a tub full of books and some of the accessories just sitting in the floor until I get a bookshelf. I also am not positive that the furniture will stay in the current placement until I get this. So, after I make up my mind and purchase a bookshelf, I'll post some more pictures.

Oh, I didn't even talk about how well she's been sleeping in her gargantuous bed! We got it set up just about 30 minutes before nap time. I wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not, but it turned out great. I think it was good to introduce it to her before I left her in it for the night. Her nap wasn't great, but about an hour and 15 minutes or so. Enough. Then she slept about 11.5 hours last night before my parents woke her up for church! Fantastic! I think it's a success! Wow, big girl bed and potty-trained all before the baby comes? Can somebody pinch me, please?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Her bed is so cute. I absolutely love it.

Becca said...

Super cute!!