Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Big Girl!



Well, we're almost over all of these little viruses. Ainsley still has a runny nose, but no fever in a 8 days now! Thank goodness she's feeling better because otherwise I'm not sure that the toddler bed would be working out as well. On a normal night, she has been sleeping 10-11 hours and a 2-3 hour nap. I'm not complaining! The funny thing is, she climbs in and out of it during the day, but she won't even think about getting out of bed when she's supposed to be sleeping. I can put her down and it might take her an hour to fall asleep, but she never leaves the bed. That's not the funniest part, though! She will also wait for me in the mornings/after nap before getting out of bed. But she won't let me pick her up. She says "No, I get down!" Today she took a really short nap so I decided to see if she'd go back to sleep. Nope! She laid in bed singing for almost AN HOUR and didn't get up until I opened the door! All I was hoping for was that she'd get used to sleeping with a pillow and blanket before the real furniture gets here, but she's definitely exceeded my expectations! (Here's a picture of her reading before bed)

I have been SO busy lately! Does anybody else feel this way? Seriously, we've had something to go to every single day for the last 3 weeks. (Weekends and all) So, finally, I have nothing planned tomorrow. I can't wait to have 1 day at home to get some things done! And I know Ainsley will enjoy it. Every time she gets started playing with something, we have to leave. I don't think she has stepped foot in her toy room all week! I need to work on the "stay-at-home" part of being a mom! :) Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with my day while Ainsley's at school on Friday!

One last thing, if you haven't seen the pictures from the day Ainsley got to babysit her baby cousin Hailey, you should check them out! She had a great time!

No comments: