Friday, August 24, 2007

An Exciting Friday

I thought I'd better blog today in case my friend Rachel checks! (Ha!)

So, my secret is out...my 2 year old plays with makeup! This picture was taken a couple of days ago. If Ainsley is awake while I'm trying to get ready in the mornings, she sits up on the vanity with me and does "her" makeup. Now, usually this consists of her little makeup bag full of brushes and chapstick, but I guess I wasn't paying attention this day because she found my marathon water proof mascara! She was putting it on SO carefully and actually had a fairly even coat on her lashes...aside from everything on her forehead!


Ainsley had "school" this morning and I thought this was pretty cute. She was just walking around eating her breakfast bar, but she just looked so cute!























So, since Ainsley was at school, I stopped at a few garage sales on the way home. I got some really great stuff! And since Ainsley has been such a good girl lately, sleeping in her big girl bed and all, I picked up a few cheap toys too. One of Ainsley's favorite things was this backpack thing full of little stuffed medieval dolls. Half of them were from Rugrats, and the other half were teddy bears, but they were all dressed up like princesses and knights. It was only $2 for about 8 or 9 dolls, so I thought it would be fun even if she only played with the dolls.

Well, I was wrong! Her favorite part of the set was the backpack that looks like a castle. The little drawbridge is a zipper and it has places for all of the dolls to "sleep" inside. She had all kinds of babies in that thing and refused to take it off! She wore it all afternoon....















I also got this big set of Lincoln Logs for $2. I was so happy when I got to school and Ainsley's teacher said she had been playing with the blocks all day! So, we got them out as soon as we got home and they were a big hit! (Even with Daddy!) Here's the fort we built...complete with windows and a ladder.







I am SO excited! I enrolled Ainsley in dance lessons today! So, since she was super good at school (even napped for the first time this school year) we went into town and bought her uniform....the standard black leotard, pink tights, and little pink Capezio ballet shoes.
She was super excited to put her "dancing" shoes on and she looked adorable!

I just can't wait for her to go to her first class on Tuesday! It's going to be expensive, especially around recital time, but it's a LOT cheaper than the only other place that accepts 2 year olds. And the biggest plus? It's only a mile from our house! Check out those teeny little ballet shoes!

In addition to this being our first Connection Group meeting and expecting a very large crowd of close to 20 adults, my parents are coming into town this weekend. They're staying with my sister tonight, but I think they'll be staying with us tomorrow. I'm already stressed about Sunday. Clint's on praise team so it will be late when he gets home and I'm cooking all of the food and getting the games and such ready. At least with Mom's Day Out this morning I had time to do the floors! I'm sure I'll update with pictures from the weekend later.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Awww where are you taking her for lessons how exciting!!!