Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Too much fever!

Isn't it funny to think that you can get sick while you're sick? Ainsley has started coughing now. Her doctor said with all of the fluid that she may develop a sinus infection too, so I guess it has made it's friendly arrival! If only it could have waited a few hours, though. After hearing her cough off and on all night, I woke up at 2:30 to a coughing spell in the monitor. Clint went to the guest room and I brought Ainsley in bed with me. I was already prepared with 5 different bottles of medicine (cough syrup, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, allergy medicine, and the antibiotics) a thermometer, extra sippie cup of water, wet washcloth, and paper towels in case she spit the medicine out! So, I started working on trying to get her fever down from 104. I had the wet washcloths on her legs and forehead, giving her ice cold water, and both a dose of each fever reducer. Finally about 4:45 she fell asleep....for 3 hours. Her fever came back mid-morning and took forever to break again! She was so wound up from lack of sleep and all the medicine that I just couldn't get her to calm down enough to take a nap. So, I started rocking her and spanking her when she'd start squirming. It took almost 2 hours and I almost lost it, but she's sleeping good now!

We missed dance class, but Clint stayed home yesterday morning so I could at least go to bible study. Now we're going to miss activities at church tonight too, but since there's no school Friday so I guess we have all week to recover! I'm just SO tired! If I could just get her fever to go away I could get through it, but with a fever she just won't sleep. (Especially not one that high) Well, I think my quiet time is up....I'm hearing noises.... :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We are praying for Ainsley... and you!!