Friday, March 14, 2008

Ainsley is really into mimicking us lately. She'll put my shoes on and say, "Come on...time for you to take a nap. You go pee pee first, ok? Good girl!" (etc, etc.) Here she put the phone on her shoulder and said, "Hi! How are you?" and then turned to me and said, "Look, I like Momma!"

Ainsley's friend Kyla's baby brother was born yesterday. We went to the hospital to see him and timed it so that Kyla would be there to show him off. We walked in right behind Kyla and her grandparents when she came running up to hug Ainsley and said, "Follow me! I'll show you baby Nathan!" It was so cute! What a proud big sister!
Ainsley immediately put both arms around him and kissed his head while Kyla reminded her she needed to hold his head. :) They sat here for a while holding him and he was SO good! The girls played for a while in the tiny hospital room, running around and all. Ainsley was so upset when we had to leave. She really wanted to stay.

When we talked about going to the hospital, Ainsley assumed it meant that I was going to the hospital. She got all excited and said, "And see Baby Grady!" It took a while, but by the time we were in the car she was saying, "I will go see Baby Nathan and Kyla!" I'm very glad we went. She was a little timid of Becca in the hospital bed at first, until Becca showed her how cool her bracelets were and all of the neat lights and buttons on the bed. Then she seemed ok. Hopefully this will be a good warm-up for my delivery...right around the corner!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Ainsley was so great with Nathan! I need to go back through my pictures from then & email you the ones I have of them, I think there are several.