Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Kids are funny!

In the last week or so, Clint has been in charge of Ainsley's bedtime routine. I will usually bathe her and get her dressed, but then Clint brushes her teeth, reads to her, tucks her in, etc. It's just gotten too hard for me this late in the pregnancy. By the end of the day my stomach muscles hurt so bad that it hurts to even sit up (and crawling out of her bed is even harder) but she's such a cuddle-bug! So, anyway, last night I had been listening in the monitor and heard her crying a little. This is not normal, so I was concerned. But it turns out that she was just wired and was very squirmy and giggly and wouldn't cooperate at all, so Clint told her she was going to get a spankin' if she didn't stop. We rarely have to spank her...just the though of it always gets her SO upset that she immediately stops. So, she burst into tears and then just wanted hugs. :)

Usually in the mornings when I go to get her (yes, she still lays in her bed until I come get her) she says, "Hi Momma! I sweep good!" but instead, this morning she said, "My Daddy no spank me!" in a pitiful, wimpy-cry sort of voice. So I explained that she wasn't being a good girl, but Daddy didn't spank her. (Actually, he felt so bad when she started crying that he kissed and hugged her a whole lot!) Well, that wasn't good enough. She kept wimpering for a while and then said, "My Daddy a bad, bad boy." Wow! She was really upset about this! I just can't believe she was still so upset about it the next morning. So, we had to call Clint at work and have him tell her that he loved her and he wasn't mad at her. When we got off the phone she was all smiles and said, "My Daddy happy now!" :)

A few minutes later we were cooking biscuits (from a can) which she always gets to place on the cookie sheet. Normally she knows to stand back while I open the oven, but she kept putting her hands out and saying, "Me do it!" When I did it anyway she started crying again. She was saying she wanted to cook. I guess she thought she wasn't really cooking unless she used the oven. So, I explained that it was something that only Mommy's could do...not little girls. Then she turns to me with this mad look on her face, put her arms up to "show her muscles" and said, "I'm a big girl! But I strong, Momma!"

After eating her biscuits she turned to me and said she was sad. When I asked why she said, "I sick."
Me: "Where are you sick?"
Ainsley: "My head."
Me: "Why is your head sick? Does it hurt?"
Ainsley: "I have hole in my head...right here."
Me: "Do you need some medicine?"
Ainsley: "Yeah, I need mecine for my hole."
***I gave her a vitamin...
Ainsley: "Mecine make me feel all better, Momma. My hole all gone!"

Ok, I asked for it....next she came walking in with her baby doll. (The one she calls "Baby Grady") She was kissing his head and said baby was sad. When I asked why she said, "Baby has hole too. Ainsey need more mecine." When I said no that Ainsley had enough medicine, she said, "Benji have hole too...Ainsey need more mecine. Say 'Ok Ainsey doctor!'"

What a silly little girl! Oh, and when my friend, Teresa, called to say they had their baby, and I told Ainsley, she put her shoes on and said, "Me go see! Me go hopital!" Now she's going to think we go to the hospital every time someone has a baby. :)

No comments: