Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ainsley's Special Day

First of all, thank you all SO much for your prayers! Luckily, Ainsley's fever only lasted about 2.5 days and, after a few breathing treatments, the cough went away too! So, she was able to go to school on Friday and give Mommy a day off! :) That's the day I started getting sick. I had no voice on Friday (after coughing all night Thursday night) and had a real scratchy throat all day today too. I still have a really bad cough and since I can't take any medicine it's not getting much better. Hopefully it will be gone by Wednesday because I can NOT recover from an incision in my stomach while coughing!

So, as most of you know, we've tried to make this entire month very special for Ainsley before Grady comes. I'm a little worried that she's getting spoiled, but so far we haven't had any issues. We purposely made sure that we kept our schedules today completely open so we could spend the entire day with Ainsley. When she woke up I explained what was going to happen and she kept running through the house saying, "Its' my special day!" and then she'd tell us to "Say 'Happy Special Day Ainsley!'" Ha! All day we kept asking her what she wanted to do next. She started off wanting to watch cartoons. Then she wanted to do a puzzle. It's a Thomas the Train puzzle she got for Christmas that's pretty complicated. She loves puzzles and is really pretty good at them! Next she asked to play a game. She actually wanted to play a game outside, but it was a bit too cold. I bought this Lucky Ducks game on the clearance aisle a couple of weeks ago, thinking it would be something fun to play after Grady comes. Even thought it was maybe a bit elementary for her (said 3-8 yrs on box, though) she absolutely LOVED it!

Choosing her duck...

Found a match!

After playing that game WAY too many times, we all built a fort together. (By the way, chip clips work really well to keep the blankets on!)

Wearing Daddy's glasses. She can't see at all when she has these on. It's pretty funny to watch her. :)

After a GREAT nap, we went fishing at the lake close to our house...in Decatur. She always thinks it's a treat to ride in Daddy's Bronco.


Reeling it in...she had a blast! Right after we got there, a guy was leaving and asked us if we wanted the 3 Perch that he caught. I declined, but he let Ainsley watch as he released them back into the lake. Ainsley thought it was a lot of fun watching them swim in circles until they got oriented again. :)
Like father, like daughter!

I was a nervous wreck when she was on the dock with Clint. She kept running and I was trying to yell, "Don't let her run!", but I had no voice! They were pretty far away from me too. Here she is waving at me.

She ate all of the snacks I brought on the 10 minute trip to the lake, so all I had was a sucker. :)

There were several geese and a couple of little families with babies too...

Casting...she was dangerous!

She kept getting upset when her plastic fishy would get moss on it.

I found another snack...an apple!

I just had to get one with her tongue out...she can't do anything with her tongue in her mouth!

When we got home she played outside for a long time, in the sand box, on the roller coaster, and kicking balls with Daddy. Needless to say, she went right to sleep tonight! Tomorrow is "Kid's Day" at church too, so it's an extra special weekend for her. Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber (from Veggie Tales) will be visiting her class and she's very excited about seeing them. She's also counting down the number of days until Grady comes...she's so cute!

No comments: