Monday, April 28, 2008

Graden Matthew Bean


Grady is here!
7 lbs 12 oz
20 inches
4/24/2008
7:47am

Clint uploaded a few pictures on our flickr site. I'll try to get a few more uploaded as soon as I can.

Grady is doing great! He's SO sweet and I'm absolutely in love with him. He's a super cuddle-bug and sleeps all the time. He had lost down to 7 lbs 2 ounces when we left the hospital on Saturday, but my milk came in the same day so I think he's making it back up quickly. He sure poops a lot! The kid poops every single time he eats...while he's eating. He seems to always smile when he poops too....such a little boy! :)

Ainsley is doing really good with him. She's still learning just what "gentle" means and is starting to not be quite so interested in him (that's a good thing) and play on her own. Overall, we haven't really had any jealousy issues, but we had a small accident yesterday. I was holding Grady in one arm and Ainsley climbed up on the arm of the recliner on my other side. We sat like that watching TV for a while until Ainsley went to climb down. When she did, she elbowed my incision......OUCH! Luckily, my mom swept her off real quick before she saw me cry. She got emotional...I got emotional....we were all crying. :)

I'm recovering fairly well. I still can't stand up completely straight and I have a LOT of back pain. It's the same pain that put me in the ER after Ainsley was born. So far, it's controlled with the Ibuprofen the doctor prescribed, but as soon as I get within an hour of taking more meds I'm in enough pain that it often sets me into tears. Other than the back pain, the left side of my incision "popped" a bit on Saturday and has been hurting since then, but it's manageable. I'm just glad I have my mom here to help with Ainsley. Clint is working 4.5 hour days this week while my mom is helping and he'll be off next week.

I'd just like to thank everyone who came to see us in the hospital. It was SO great sharing this time with all of our friends and I love each of you! Also, thanks to everyone (especially Becca) who kept or offered to keep Ainsley last week while I finished "nesting". You're all such a huge help and I'm so blessed to have such a great circle of friends.

I'll try to get back into posting in a few days. Until then, check our flickr site now and then for more pictures!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

OMG mandy he is beautiful. He is just so cute. I love the pictures with him in his blue outfit.

Renae Burt said...

He is so sweet..congrats.