Monday, April 7, 2008

More Baby Showers

I have officially attended my last baby shower before Grady comes. For those of you who know just how many pregnant friends I have, this is a big deal. Since the majority of my close friends are expecting, I've been on the hostess committees of almost all these showers. This has taken a lot of my time lately. Especially since I've made all of the gifts for everyone as well. (Luckily I've finished the gifts for all showers through the month of June!) This shower was for two of my best friends, Leah and Leigh. They are due 2 days apart, so we had a joint shower for them at Johnny Carino's. We had the entire patio just for us - it was perfect! We all ate dinner under the stars in 65 degree weather! It couldn't have been better!

We had the gift table divided...one side was pink and the other was blue. My friend Andrea made the cutest diaper cakes in pink and blue, Katie made picture frames for guests to write prayers and blessings over the baby, and we got each of the mommies a beautiful bouquet of flowers to take home.
Picture with all of the hostesses...
Picture of all the pregnant ladies in attendance...
The cake...yummmm! We had ordered a really cute cake from Sam's Club...an umbrella made out of cupcakes. It was going to have both blue and pink stripes on the umbrella...very cute. When we went to pick it up (45 minutes before the shower) they had left a note saying they didn't know how to make it! Ugh! The manager did offer to make another one for us, but we only had like 10 minutes before we needed to start decorating for the shower. So, we ended up getting two Black Forest cakes free. Plus, they threw in some raspberry topping to drizzle over each piece...in addition to the chocolate flakes lining the sides. It was delicious! The best baby shower cake I've ever had! :)

On another note, Clint's mom came up to visit this weekend. We went shopping on Saturday and she bought Ainsley some summer pajamas. We found some really cute gowns, and since Ainsley sleeps in a big bed with "covers" now, we thought they'd be perfect for my little hot-natured girl. Well, now she's out of control! She wears a gown all the time and even cries when she has to put on real clothes! I don't mind too much, though, because she looks SO cute in her little, frilly gowns! :)

No comments: