Monday, April 21, 2008

Veggie Tales and MDO!

Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber (from Veggie Tales) were at church on Sunday. They were in the kid's area before church Sunday morning, but Ainsley was pretty hesitant. She was excited, and even waved, but kept her distance. Apparently they visited each classroom during church, which must have worked because Ainsley was hugging them by the time we picked her up! We had a big celebration that evening so they were back again and Ainsley was hugging AND kissing them...plus lots of hand shakes, high-fives, and even put her little clown nose on Bob and told him he could keep it! (He gave it back)



They served hot dogs, chips, ice cream, and brownies. Ainsley LOVED it! She doesn't usually eat hot dogs very well, but she ate almost all of hers, most of her chips (dipped in ketchup) and ate the ice cream until we took it away because it was completely melted. She loved eating it with a "stick" though. :)Kyla and her parents sat right by us, so Ainsley and Kyla danced together for a while. There was some pretty loud music while the performer was eating fire and juggling. :) Including Kyla's baby brother, I bet I pulled Ainsley away from 4 babies! She LOVES babies!
My "boss" at Mother's Day Out let me bring Ainsley in today since I'm having a baby Thursday. She's so sweet! I bought a few last minute things at Wal-Mart and then came home for the rest of the day. That's something I never do! I watched TV for about an hour, surfed the internet for another hour, cleaned out the refrigerator in a major way, and picked up around the house. It was a great day! PLUS Ainsley took a nap at school...3 times in a row now! So, I took her to the park where we met her friend Wilson (who is bringing home his baby brother tomorrow) and another friend was there that she knows from Toddler Toes, Blake and his baby sister (who Ainsley also wouldn't stop playing with!) She was SO brave! She was climbing things that she's never climbed before and swinging by herself. It was so nice to know that I might actually be able to take her to the park this summer and be able to sit back, hold Grady, and just watch! Then we came home and Clint (& Ainsley) made a homemade pizza and served it to me in the recliner! :)

It was a good day, which is good because I've had really bad nights. I have terrible back pain because I've been sleeping on an incline...on my side. I have terrible indigestion/nausea even after taking Prilosec daily and Tums every 4 hours, so I have to sleep sitting up. Plus, I'm very congested so I'm sleeping with my mouth open which makes my throat SO sore! I still don't quite have my voice back, but my cough is getting a bit better. I have high hopes that it will be gone by Thursday! We're going to stay home tomorrow and try to re-coop (other than dance) and then I go in Wednesday morning for my pre-op! It's almost time!!!

No comments: